Hi! I’m Johanna, and I blog over at Our Joyful Home. I am so excited that Angela asked me to share some yummy recipes with you, because yummy food is basically my favorite (just take a look at my Instagram feed…it’s 80% food). Right now I am in the midst of a major overhaul of my family’s eating habits; we are doing our best to eat as much seasonal food as possible. I once heard someone say that the worst out of season is often more expensive than the best in season, and that about sums it up. It’s also a great way to stay healthy and stave off food boredom, since seasonal eating naturally has a ton of variety.
Okay, that’s my seasonal eating spiel, let’s get down to today’s refreshing goodness: a strawberry/blueberry lemonade with a little something extra. The something extra is lemon and citrus fresh essential oils, which add powerful flavor and a whole host of health benefits (did you know that lemon oil can uplift your mood, support your immune system, and give you more energy?).
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 drops Young Living lemon essential oil*
- 5 drops Young Living citrus fresh essential oil*
- 3 tbsp raw sugar (more to taste)
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 cups ice water
- Either crush the strawberries in a mortar and pestle or run through a food processor until they're broken down.
- Combine the strawberries, blueberries, lemon juice, and ice water in a large pitcher.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar with the essential oils (this helps the oil disperse so it doesn't just float on top of the lemonade), and stir into the pitcher. Add more sugar if desired.
- Stir well and serve over ice.
- *I can only recommend the use of Young Living essential oils because of their purity and quality. They are designated safe to ingest by the FDA and are the only company with the Seed to Seal Guarantee (www.seedtoseal.com).
This makes a LOT of lemonade; we had a glass and then I put a large mason jar full in the fridge for my husband to take to work the next day, and we still had enough to make a batch of popsicles. Side note, if you don’t have a set of popsicle molds, I highly recommend it.
My two year olds loved it, and it’s so much better for them than juice boxes or whatever.
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils, please visit my family’s oil website. I share all kinds of tips and tricks for getting the most out of your oils, and talk about why Young Living was the best choice for us. I’d also love to hear from you with any questions, or just to say hey! Get ahold of me here: email@example.com