Today, as I flopped around pajamas, far too late into the day, I finally became alright with saying goodbye to summer and welcoming in fall. I’m all for a break and a much more relaxed schedule, but life can’t go on like this forever. It’s time to start eating dinner at a decent time again, cutting back on screen time and reinforcing the good old routines, that help us thrive. I’m sad to see the long days slowly dwindle away, but let’s face it…my kids need an early bedtime again. Summer is the best, but I’m ready to throw on my scarf and warmly welcome fall.
When I embrace school days and more of a schedule, I feel inspired to feed my family healthier foods once again. These Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies are not only healthy, but they taste just like fall to me. I hope you love them and I hope the beginnings of your fall are filled with lots of beautiful days.
- 3 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup pureed canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Grease a cookie sheet and lightly grease your hands with just a touch of oil.
- Roll dough into medium sized balls and flatten onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Dried fruit
- Dried cranberries
- Sunflower seeds