Crock pot season is officially here and you guys, I’m happy. I’m absolutely in love with crock pot cooking. All of my crock pot recipes are easy, dump-it-in types of recipes and when I get dinner in there early in the day, I feel prepared, no matter what the rest of our day looks like.
This is one of those recipes that just gets thrown together in the morning, then you go about your day and hey- at dinner time, it’s there! Perfectly done and waiting! In case you just want to skip to the full recipe, go ahead and scroll to the bottom of this post.Dump into your crock pot 1 can full-fat coconut milk, two cans of diced tomatoes and one can of tomato sauce. Mince some fresh garlic and throw that in as well.Next, roughly chop up an onion.Dump the onion in and generously sprinkle in some salt and pepper.If you have fresh oregano and basil, roughly chop those and add them. If you don’t have fresh herbs, just go ahead and use dried.Stir it all together, add 3 frozen chicken breasts, turn the crock pot on and then walk away. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-6 hours or until chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken and return to crock pot. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and avocado.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 (14 ounce)cans diced tomatoes (add the juice)
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon dried (or fresh) basil
- 1 tablespoon dried (or fresh) chopped oregeno
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix coconut milk, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes along with onion, garlic and seasonings in your crock pot.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken and return to crock pot.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and avocado.
What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes?