When we came home from the gym yesterday, I knew we needed to do something to break the day up. It was dark, stormy and my girls were starting to bounce off the walls. To regroup, we gathered in the kitchen. One my one, they measured each ingredient for this granola into a bowl. Peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, sprinkles of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla….They helped me microwave it, stir it and then add in oats.
This granola comes together start to finish in 20 minutes. We had it in the oven in 5 minutes and after baking it for 15, it was done. So fast and easy. My kids love it and so do I.Even if you think your kids don’t like granola, I challenge you to give this recipe a try. It tastes like Peanut Butter and Honey and it’s filled with real ingredients. The full recipe makes just over 3 cups so, feel free to double it, if you have a larger family with big eaters.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 tbsp. peanut butter
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 30 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
- Spread onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until granola is slightly browned (be sure to lightly stir about halfway through to prevent uneven cooking and burning on the edges).
- Let cool completely before storing.
If you love this recipe, would you mind coming back and writing a short review or giving it some stars? These NW Healthy Mama recipes are a relatively new thing and we’d love to hear how you’re enjoying them.