From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.
~Samuel F. Smith, “America”
With a fridge still full of fresh blueberries, from our berry picking date a few days ago, fruit pizza came racing into my mind. It’s so pretty and so simple to make. Have you ever made it? It comes together in no time. Honestly, the longest part is chopping the fruit and laying it out onto your pizza in a pretty design.
Take this fruit pizza recipe and use it with your fruit of choice. Bananas, kiwis, sliced grapes, berries, peaches (oh yum!), apricots, pineapple….You get the idea. For the 4th of July however, you’ll want to stick with this beautiful red, white and blue theme.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Press dough into a greased pizza pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla until light.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Arrange desired fruit on top and chill.