The refrigerator is full with Thanksgiving leftovers and as I type, my husband and son are wrapping white lights around the tree. The smell of fresh pine fills the air and boxes of Christmas decorations sit next to me, waiting to be used all over our home. But before I finish decking the halls, I have something important to do! How about some Lights of Christmas tickets?! With over one million lights, dazzling displays, fresh hot donuts, sounds of carolers, and so much more …. The Lights of Christmas is one of our ALL TIME FAVORITE holiday traditions. It’s only 1 hour north of Seattle and NOTHING in this area compares to this event. Truly, it’s the best around.
The first time I went, I was in highschool. Then my husband and I started dating and we went together. Then we got married, added kids and we’ve gone every year since. Our kids adore all.the.things about this place. Honestly, it’s one of the best days of our entire holiday season. When you go to The Lights of Christmas, here are the top 10 things we’d recommend doing:
- Get donuts. You’ll want a bag for yourself, I promise.
- Visit Bruce the Spruce- The Talking Christmas Tree. Don’t worry, our kids were super awkward with this and “he” handled it great.
- Ride the train. A must do!
- Sit and watch a local performance. Whether it’s a choir, a band or a dance performance, these are always wonderful.
- Go find the tunnel of lights and bravely ask someone to take your family photo.
- Stand next to the fire, while listening to the Victorian Carolers.
- Go pet the animals in the petting zoo and talk with the farmers, too!
- Have your little ones go on a complimentary horse ride.
- Why hurry home when you can spend the night? Take your time, stroll the grounds, watch every performance, sample food, ride the train twice! You can enjoy all of The Lights of Christmas then spend the night in comfortable lodging. The next morning you will enjoy a hot breakfast before heading home or doing more Christmas shopping. They’ll even provide you a special gift basket with treats for your trek.
- Looking for a great date night? Take a brief walk around the enchanting lighted grounds and then settle in for a fabulous 5-course meal and live theater featuring “Christmas on the Tumblin’ D” by Victoria Ritchey.
So, how about we kick off the season right with a family pack of tickets to the Lights of Christmas? If you’ve been, I know you can’t wait to go back and if you haven’t…..well, that needs to change ASAP.
A BIG thank you to the awesome folks at Warm Beach Lights of Christmas for partnering with us on this giveaway. It’s such a joy to work with local companies we truly love!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. Winner will be announced on Monday the 28th so, hurry and enter! a Rafflecopter giveaway