Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Are you eating Corned Beef for dinner tonight? Today because it’s Friday, because there are a lot of new friends around here and because I want you guys to feel like you’re part of this space, I wanted to write a quick’ish “Introduction” post. Above is a selfie, I don’t take them too often, because I am NOT good at it, but sometimes a girl just needs to show her face and so here I am!
For those of you who are new, welcome! I am Angela, wife to an incredible man who cooks the best food and keeps me laughing. I am also the Mama to 3 kids, who are my favorite in the world. I run this site and am constantly blown away by how wonderful YOU all are.
So, what you can expect to see on NW Healthy Mama?
- Blog posts are usually sent out on average 3 times a week and include topics like gardening ideas, local hikes, garden tours (email me if you’d like to write about your garden or flower patch!), healthy recipes and guest posts about any of these topics. If you haven’t signed up to receive posts by email, please do so!
- I show my face a lot and am very unedited/goofy/sometimes ridiculous on Instagram Stories so if you like bloopers and behind the scenes stuff, head over there.
- Facebook is a mix of all of this plus, it’s a place where I frequently post reader questions and let you guys chime in and help each other out.
- Laughing with my husband- we bring out the funny in each other (at least we think so). Also, we’ve been watching Comedians in Cars with Coffee– Jerry Seinfeld created this show and we just love it.
- When my kids spend almost an entire day outside. Kids being outside is my JAM. It’s so healthy for 100 reasons.
- Gardening and growing all the things.
- Hiking with my friends.
- Creating connections, planning events, learning and sharing what I know.
Weird/random stuff about me:
- I love praying for people with infertility issues. I never experienced this personally but I can only imagine that ache for motherhood so I have an on going list of women I pray for. When you want a baby either by birth or adoption, that feeling is unlike any other.
- We are currently in the process of beginning to build on 2 acres so at this moment, we are renting and it’s been a hard season of transition for our family, although I know it’ll all be worth it.
- I straightened my hair and hated it until about 2 years ago.
What scares me:
- Snakes, which is pretty tricky since I love to garden. Often, I send my kids out before me to scare them away.
- Knowing that a lot of people in the world are lonely and how toxic that can be. If I could solve a problem, I’d want everyone to feel known and loved.
- The thought of not living in my full purpose or at my full potential.
- Not having enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.
What doesn’t scare me:
- Talking in front of a room of people. I used to care A LOT about what people think. Now I just try to think the best about everyone and hope they are the same way.
- Famous people. They don’t intimidate me one bit. We’re all human, right? We all have a story, fears and I’ve learned that we’re not as different as we may think.
- Asking questions. My mom taught me that there are only dumb answers, not dumb questions. I love her for that.
What I see for the NW Healthy Mama site in the coming year:
- More events and classes about healthy cooking, gardening, hiking safety etc.
- Hopefully more (excellent) guest writers!
- Maybe videos….what do you guys think?!
Mostly, a big thank you to each and every one of you who takes the time to be part of this site. Your comments and feedback thrill me and make me want this space to be incredibly useful and encouraging for each of you!
So, tell me about you! What scares you? What do you love? What would you like to see more of around here?