Yesterday was awesome. It rained hard and t-ball was canceled so after a really busy day full of field trips and life, we had a much needed family evening. I handed my husband the remote and had him and the kids put together a list of Family Movies currently on Netflix, that we love. Now, pause with me here. Am I saying all of these are appropriate for your 3 year old? No, but look at this list you guys, isn’t it great? Can you please give my hubby and kids a round of applause? Haha…but seriously. It’s awesome when your family can basically write posts for you.
Let’s talk about Parent Trap for a moment. Doesn’t it bring back good memories? The clicking of the sticks together in the woods. I love that part! My girls have wanted to be all matchy-matchy ever since we watched this!
Here are 10 great family movies currently on Netflix:
I snuggled into the couch with them and as I rested there with my people, I realized I was literally touching my ENTIRE family of 5 at the same time. Squished in between my son and husband, holding hands with my middle girl and our youngest laying on my lap. It was a really happy moment and that friends, is why I think family movies are important. Slow down, put your phone away. Watch the entire thing. Be with your people.
To go with the movie, we had some family fun creating a popcorn recipe, using this awesome BPA-Free Silicone Microwave Lekue Popcorn-Popper. I am in love (big time) with this thing. Our kids love popcorn and with this, it’s so easy and inexpensive.
This recipe is one my husband created and we’re calling it Chili Cook-Off Popcorn, because in all honesty, it tastes just like Chili. It actually reminds me of Chili Cheese Fritos, but way healthier, because hello….it’s made with popcorn, butter-flavored coconut oil and seasonings! Boom!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp beef bullion powder
- Pop your popcorn according to directions.
- Melt the Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in the microwave (should take about 1 minute).
- Poor the oil over the popcorn.
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl, stir together and then add to the popcorn.
- Gently stir and toss until all the popcorn is covered. Enjoy!
- Want it spicy? Add some red pepper flakes!
- Fast: Add the corn kernels, heat in the microwave and enjoy!
- Large Capacity: Add ingredients you prefer for flavor. Over 90% of the corn kernels pop.
- Compact: Collaspible,does not use much space in your kitchen.
- BPA free: Made with 100% platinum silicone.
- Easy to Clean: Dishwasher Safe.
- Includes tasty recipes:
- Innovative design: Designed after conducting scientific research on the best way to cook popcorn in collaboration with the Alícia Foundation.
We prepared our popcorn with Barleans Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, which is awesome because it’s:
- Certified Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- No Dairy, Gluten or Soy
- No Trans Fats or Hydrogenated Fats
- Cholesterol Free
- No Coconut Flavor or Odor
- Substitute 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking and frying under 375°
UPDATE: A winner has been picked. Thank you all for your entries!