I don’t know if you do this too…but I’m kind of assuming we all do this when we go to Costco. We have let’s say for example, 10 items on our list, but since the inventory is always changing, we feel the need to walk up and down each and every isle. So, today I’m blaming these scones on our Costco trip. Actually, I’m thanking Costco for them because holy moly you guys….they are BOMB.
I saw this Almond Flour while wheeling our squeaky cart down the baking isle and since it basically feels like fall outside, I couldn’t help but grab some. When we got home, I sent my husband and kids outside to fly kites on this crazy windy day. Then I lit a candle, turned on some rocking music and got busy. If you must know, I love cooking to the “Spanish Guitar Radio” station on Pandora. Laugh if you want— I swear it’ll inspire you in the kitchen! You might even dance! Just trust me and try.
I haven’t made these scones with any other types of Almond Flour so, I’m providing this link since I know they work amazing with this brand. Other brands might rock as well, so let me know that your experiences are!
You probably saw on Instagram how I was struggling to name these. It’s tricky since they’re low carb, keto-friendly, sort of pizza’ish, but not really pizza flavored. But savory? Yes, they are savory for sure and since my dear sister and another favorite hiking friend both said “Savory Scones”, that’s what I’m going with.
Feel free to add in olives, other types of meats and cheeses or whatever your heart desires. Just don’t over-stir or forget to use parchment paper (or a rubber cooking mat). Hope you guys love them as much as my family does!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour (Blue Diamond is my current favorite!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs-lightly whisked in a small bowl
- 1/4 cup half 'n half or whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (save 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 3/4 cup total chopped salami and pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped (save some for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- and pepper together.
- Gently fold in the eggs, meats, whipping cream and cheese.
- With a spoon, fold the dough into sort of a ball (the dough might be a little wet- that's ok!)
- Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- With your hands, pat the dough into a circle, about 1/2- 3/3 inch thick.
- Top with cheese and chives.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- These scones could really have just about anything added to them. Olives, mushrooms, bacon, pineapple, sausage---anything your heart desires! Enjoy!