Happy Friday, friends! As we’ve been packing, having final inspections at the house and getting ready to move, 100% homemade cooking hasn’t really been in the cards for me lately. It’s given me so much insight for friends of mine who keep chicken nuggets in the freezer for crazy days in life with a family. There’s NO judgement here, let me tell ya!
I thought I’d share something we’ve been loving lately and also a GREAT semi-homemade, quick and easy meatball appetizer recipe for Thanksgiving.
Recently I found Coastal Range Organics at Safeway and I’ve been loving all of their products. We all have nights when we just need to microwave something and have dinner on the table in 5 minutes, am I right? With this brand, I’m not feeling bad about that.
It’s goodness from the freezer, and the organic I need, with the taste my family wants. Coastal Range Organics Products like crispy strips, buffalo wings, chicken nuggets, grilled breast strips, chicken burgers and others have all been delicious and what I really love is how this is a Washington brand! You guys know I love local!
When you’re looking for this product, be sure to stop in at Safeway or Albertson’s. Here are a few things we’ve been enjoying…..
Recently while I was a parent-teacher conferences, my husband whipped these meatballs up for our family. With warm cranberry and orange flavors, they taste just like Thanksgiving should. I’d definitely serve these for either dinner or as a yummy appetizer for any occasion. Enjoy!
- 2 packages Coastal Range Organics Meatballs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 orange
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- Thaw meatballs in the microwave.
- Melt butter on medium heat.
- Add Coastal Range Organics Meatballs, chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, pepper and garlic.
- Brown 5-7 minutes, turning regularly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and simmer one minute.
- Remove meatballs and set aside.
- Preheat pan again and then add 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries and zest of 1 orange.
- Cook cranberries over medium heat 4-5 minutes, until they soften.
- Add brown sugar and cook 1 more minute.
- Turn heat to low, add meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve on platter with toothpicks.