Well, it’s the 14th, so you know what that means, right? There are 11 days until Christmas and as I sat down to write this, I thought it’d be fun to air out a little dirty laundry….Not sure if I used that expression correctly. I’m pretty sure I didn’t. Anyway—how about an old fashioned time of confession? And a great recipe, too!
Before we start talking about chocolate and all things delicious, here are a few confessions:
- I haven’t bought ANY presents yet. Like 0, but I’m not stressed! It’s going to be fine. Seriously though, I better get to it.
- I ate WAY too many of these bars while editing the photos for this post. What can I say? The pictures made me hungry!
- Speaking of food, I haven’t been to the gym since we moved into our new house. Correction! I guess I did go once, but I think that’s all. I’d always joked that once we finally moved in, I wouldn’t want to leave. Too bad I wasn’t kidding!
- Currently one of our chickens is molting for the first time and holy smokes, girlfriend could use a wig! I’ll have to post a photo. Why can’t they molt when it’s a little warmer outside?
- For Christmas, we’re hosting and we aren’t serving a meal. However, we’re doing an all day appetizer/dessert bar and I’m pretty darn excited about it!
- Yesterday I posted on Instagram about “5 Things Right Now”. Lots of people chimed in and the responses blessed me so much. There are some really COOL people in this world.
- These bars make me incredibly happy because they are a one bowl wonder and my kids love them. In fact, my youngest said I should name them “Mom’s Best Bars Ever”. I loved her idea, but thought that might be a little much….
- Made with chocolate chips and Graceland Dried fruit, you could totally get away with skipping the honey, if you’d rather them not be so sweet.
- Speaking of dried fruit, I really like fruitcake. Yep, I’m not even joking. Maybe my sister will read this and make one for Christmas!
- One of the things we didn’t do for our new home is install a wood stove. I’m loving our heat pump, but I’m craving wood heat. We knew we’d want one and yes, we still very much do.
- Writing 12 confessions is more difficult than I’d anticipated it to be. Please share a confession with me!
- To wrap this up, I’m simply incredibly thankful for you all. Thank you for being kind, fun people. And can we all just agree how awesome it is that Christmas break is almost here?
Here’s to slower days. Christmas cookies and healthy snacks. Family movies and time outside.
And now…here’s the recipe! These no-bake bars are a colorful spin on some on the Omega-3 Bars that I posted a few months ago. So many people loved those and since Christmas is right around the corner, I thought we should mix it up (literally?!) and add in some color.
I’ve been loving Graceland Organic dried fruit lately. I’ve been putting it in my oatmeal every morning and the kids love it in these bars. Enjoy!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. ground flaxseed
- 1 cup Graceland Dried Cherries (I used some of their cranberries, too)
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. flax oil
- 1/4 c. raw, local honey
- Place all ingredients into your food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Line a medium sized baking dish with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into the dish, pressing down with your fingers.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy within 1 week.
- Additional items you could add to these bars: almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds and so on.